Monday, February 14, 2011

Sugar Cookies and Valentines Day!!!

What is it with sugar cookies and valentines day? (I know one thing, my tread-mill is going to be my new best friend... that's for sure!)
I'll share my recipe and some tips on making them:
Brenda's Sugar Cookies: (thanks Brenda for the long sought after perfect recipe)
6 c. flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp b. powder
1 tsp b. soda
2 c. sugar
2 c. butter
1 1/2 Tbsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 c. sour cream

sift dry ingredients together, cut in butter. In seperate bowl mix vanilla, eggs and sour cream. beat all ingredients together. roll out. bake 360 for 8-10 minutes

*here's what I've learned about making these cookies turn out perfect.

don't underbake/overbake them. It's tricky... but 360 (wierd temp) 10 min. usually does it for my oven!

no real need to refrigerate the dough

cutting the butter into the flower is the trick I think to making the texture perfectly flakey and delicious.

cutting the cookie dough thicker (like 1/4 inch), then when baked makes them rise to the perfect thickness.

cream cheese frosting - yummy

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!

1 comment:

Blog Archive